is located between Pisa and Lucca, at the western end of the old
road, which follows the foot of Monte Pisano, immediately after the
town Molina di Quosa, Pugnano is characterized by its historic
- Villa Dal Borgo
Villa was built in different moments by Giovanni Saladino dal Borgo
at the beginning of the 1700. The decoration of the rooms are
attributed to Domenico Tempesti, father of Giovanni Battista, who
collaborated with two pisan architects Iacopo Donati and Ranieri
Gabrielli, who also worked on Palazzo Ruschi in Pisa.
- Villa Poschi
The architecture of the villa reproduces the usual themes of the villas of this area; you can see the ancient characteristics of the luxury of its original condition. The Restaurant Le Arcate is situated inside Villa Poschi; here it is possible to enjoy typical Tuscan dishes cooked by a very good chef inside the age-old walls of the wonderful Villa Poschi.
The frescoed dining rooms situated on two floors seat up to 300 people: Besides these large rooms, smaller rooms are also available for business dinners and private meetings. Celebrations, prize giving ceremonies, meetings, conferences and weddings will find Villa Poschi the ideal place, with good service .
Villa Poschi Ristorante "Le Arcate"
via statale Abetone n.212 Pugnano (Pisa)
tel: 050 850105 fax: 050 851188
- Villa Roncioni
Following the road towards Ripafratta you find Villa Roncioni on the right
Villa Roncioni was built in 1468 and during the second half of 18th century, by Francesco Roncioni; later this farm became a holiday villa.
In the second half of the 19th century Francesco decided to eliminate the small italian garden to build the "Romantic Park" of five hectares.
Today the Villa is closed for renovation.
- The Church of Pugnano
The Church is located at the beginning of the town of Pugnano, along the main road.
Unfortunately we don't have documents, that can confirm the foundation of the church, however its structure has been always considered by historians as one of the oldest of the Pisa territory.
There are no written documents, however some historians consider that the major nave of the church dedicated to Santa Maria and San Giovanni is of the XIth century
The majestic bell tower was completely destroyed during the Second World War and later was rebuilt.
Inside the church a painting of "Maria with the child" called "Madonna della Scapigliata" by Neruccio di Federico, 1300 century is preserved.